25 Things I’ve Learned About Love:
“The beautiful ones, they hurt you every time…”
1) Unrequited love really sucks.
“I remember the days when I was so eager to satisfy you, and be less than I was just to prove I could walk beside you…”
2) Never compromise yourself for someone else.
“You know I like you so you just tease me…/Are you just wasting my time?”
3) Also, don’t bother liking someone who isn’t the least bit interested in you.
“I can’t make you love me if you don’t. And I can’t make your heart feel something it won’t…”
4) Again, don’t chase after someone who is clearly not interested.
“She’s everything I want, she’s everything I need…/But I mean nothing to her and I don’t know why…”
5) Even though someone is amazing, they might not be the person for you.
“I’m mixed up, so what. Yeah, you want me, so you’re messed up too…”
6) Opposites attract. But they don’t always compliment one another.
“She’s goin’to turn me down and say, ‘Can’t we be Friends?’”
7) Some people aren’t meant to be more than your friend.
“But sometimes, well, I wish we could be more than friends…“
8) And sometimes a friend can turn into a lover.
“I don’t want to close my eyes, I don’t want to fall asleep, cause I’d miss you baby, and I don’t want to miss a thing…”
9) And sometimes love seems to work out so simply…
“There’s a place for us. Somewhere a place for us…”
10) And though people or circumstances may try to stop things, love will always find a way.
“The signs said ‘Stop’ - but we went on whole-hearted. It ended bad, but I love what we started…”
11) Though all good things must come to an end.
“So I’ll wait for you. And I’ll burn…”
12) Trying to date someone who is in love with their ex usually isn’t a good idea.
“What can I do to convince you to change your mind of me? I’m gonna love you more than anyone…”
13) And pining over them afterwards is just as bad.
“If you don’t have a date, celebrate. Go out and sit on the lawn, and do nothing…”
14) So sometimes the best thing to do is enjoy being by yourself…
“You only think about yourself…”
15) A relationship with a selfish person probably won’t work out.
“I don’t mind spending everyday out on your corner in the pouring rain…/She will be loved…”
16) And sometimes you realize that the person you should be with was right there all along.
“She’s always buzzing just like neon…”
17) Some people seem to come in and out of your life with no effort…
“And so, you see, this is why I’d rather be alone…/Annie waits, Annie waits, Annie waits…”
18) Though it’s really easy to get tired of waiting for them to come around.
“After all the crushes are faded, and all my wishful thinking was wrong, I’m jaded. I hate it…”
19) And once again, you realize that you’re left alone.
“There’s only us. There’s only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other course. No other way. No day but today…”
20) Sometimes you just have to give in.
“We’re going down, and you know that we’re doomed. My dear, we’re slow dancing in a burning room…”
21) And sometimes you just have to give up.
“You’re not the perfect hand, but I don’t hit on 19…”
22) Settling is okay sometimes…
“Well, I don’t expect the world to move underneath me. But for God’s sake, could you try?”
23) But you always deserve the best.
“You’re just a fool, you know you’re in love…”
24) Despite the fact that love can be very complicated…
“The greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return…”
25) You just have to keep believing that it’s worth it in the end.
25 Things I’ve Learned About Love: